The ASM3 organizers would like to hear directly from individuals in the Arctic research community about what matters most to them in international Arctic science collaboration. Please provide your feedback on both the possibilities, as well as the limited scope, of a Ministerial meeting and Joint Statement. The first version of this form launched at Arctic Circle 2019. We promise to be transparent about updating the form as we learn from your feedback over the course of the next year.
The ASM3 organizers have developed three streams for input into the ASM3 science process. These different input streams will help shape and develop the deliverables for ASM3: the Science Summary and the Joint Statement to be signed in Tokyo. For national science programs a formal Request for Information will be sent by the ASM3 organizing committee to countries participating in ASM3. A similar Request for Information will be sent to Arctic Indigenous Organizations and as well as participating international Arctic science organizations. The ASM3 organizers have also encouraged events for the international Arctic research community to discuss and submit their feedback to the ASM3 organizers in coordination with three different Arctic science conferences scheduled throughout 2020. The discussion and conclusion from these meetings will be summarized by the conveners of these events in a document to be submitted to the ASM3 organizing committee for input into the science process.
National and International Arctic Indigenous Organizations Science Process
- Request for Information sent April 27, 2020, due back to the ASM3 Organizing Committee June 30, 2020
International Arctic Science Organizations Science Process
- Request for Information scheduled to be sent May 25, 2020, due back to the ASM3 Organizing Committee June 30, 2020
International Arctic Research Community Science Process
- 6th International Symposium on Arctic Research (ISAR-6), 2-6 March 2020. Tokyo, Japan (moved online)
- Arctic Science Summit Week 2020 / 5th Arctic Observing Summit (ASSW / AOS), March 27 - April 02, 2020 (Moved Online)
- 10th International Congress for Arctic Social Sciences (ICASS X) June 15-20, 2020. Arkhangelsk, Russia (postponed 2021)
Have questions or comments on this process?
Contact the ASM3 organizing committee at [email protected]